With a favorable weather outlook we are GO for our Saturday June 9th launch and Art of Model Rocketry Contest. The range will be open to low, mid, high power, and contest fliers with our high power waiver in effect. The fun kicks off at 9am and runs as late as 4pm. Hope to see you there for what promises to be a great day of flying! Spectators and newcomers always welcome!
Our next scheduled launch is Saturday June 9th! The range will be open to low, mid, and high power fliers with our FAA waiver in effect. The fun kicks off at 9 am and runs as late as 4 pm. Come on out and enjoy a great day flying! New fliers and spectators always welcome!
In addition to sport flying our contest director will be holding the Art of Model Rocketry contest. It should be a fun filled day!
Please be sure to check back the night before the launch for a final GO/NO-GO announcement based on the latest weather outlook.
Thanks to everyone who came out to fly with us for our April 21st launch. Though the morning calm eventually gave way to breezes, it was a winner of a day after all the miserable weather we’ve endured.
A very special thank you to those of you who gave of some of your day to help the farm. The chores were simple, but oh so important steps in prepping for the busy season ahead.
Speaking of the busy season ahead, May is the busiest month on the farm. A great deal of customers pouring in to get quality plants for their own home gardens. In consultation with our hosts at the farm, we have agreed to take a brief hiatus in May so as to not interfere with this critical time of business. By all means, if you are anywhere in the area of Godlewsky Farms, please consider it a great destination to fulfill your Spring planting needs. You’ll be supporting a really great family farm in the process!
Don’t worry, we’ll be back out flying in June with at least two launches. Our normal monthly launch and a to-be-announced bonus launch date to capitalize on the great flying weather that June typically offers. It should be an exciting summer! We appreciate your continued support! 🙂
We are GO for our 4/21 launch. The fun kicks off at 9 am and runs as late as 4 pm.
The farm has requested a little help tomorrow. Joe needs a few hands to help with a few short tasks around the greenhouses. If you can spare a small part of your day it would be greatly appreciated. They’ll be plenty of time to also get a good deal of flying in. Its important to help our hosts at the farm, so any time you can spare to give back a bit would be much appreciated! Thanks! 🙂
Our attending members had a great weekend at the Red Glare XIX launch in Maryland, where rockets as heavy as 600 pounds took to the air! Nothing whets the appetite for flying rockets more than watching rockets fly.
Our next launch is coming up this weekend on Saturday April 21, 2018. In addition to low, mid, and high power sport flying, our contest director will be hosting the Mid Atlantic Open 2018 contest. The fun kicks off at 9 am Saturday and runs as late as 4 pm. We hope to see you there! 🙂 Check back in Friday evening for a final GO/NO-GO for this launch based on the latest weather outlook.
For those looking to compete in the Mid Atlantic Open 2018, the contest events are as follows:
C Egg Lofting Altitude
A Payload Altitude
A Streamer Duration
A Helicopter Duration
1/2A Parachute Duration
1/2A Boost Glide Duration
We are GO for Saturday March 17th. Conditions will be less than optimal, but we do hope to get some flying in, especially for our TARC teams. Please read the important notes below regarding tomorrow’s launch..
- The last we checked, the field is covered in at least a couple of inches of snow. This will make recoveries a bit more challenging, so please plan accordingly.
- Since the field is snow covered there will again be NO parking on the field. Please park along the access road in a way so as to not block vehicles from passing. It is very important that the road not be blocked.
- We will be setting up at the usual 9 am tomorrow, and will fly as long as people have rockets to fly. Our priority tomorrow is on our TARC teams, but the field will be open to everyone. Arriving earlier in the day than later is recommended.
We would have hoped that by now Spring would have sprung and flying conditions would be more optimal, but Mother Nature has had other thoughts. If you do come out, please remember to be careful given the ground conditions. We are only able to hold launches this time of year if we can do so safely.
Now go prep a rocket and we’ll make the most of the late winter skies! 🙂
Recent storms have left the field covered in a thick blanket of snow resulting in conditions unsuitable for a launch tomorrow March 10th. This time of year a lot can improve in a weeks time, so we’ll monitor conditions and tentatively reschedule for Saturday March 17th. We’ll post an update as the week progresses and a final GO/NO-GO next Friday.
We are aware that the TARC calendar is running out, so we will be reaching out to our regular TARC teams to make backup plans with you just in case weather further delays our regular launch schedule. We want to be sure you have opportunities to practice and qualify. If you have any questions reach out to us via the info@ club email address.
We are GO for our Saturday February 10, 2018 launch! Please read the following important notes for tomorrow if you plan to attend:
Since the field still has some snow and ice, and there will be a bit of a melt tomorrow, there will be no parking on the field. Please park along the road in a manner where you don’t block any farm vehicles which might need to get by.
As we did last month, we’ll be moving the pads in a bit to keep the trek out to them from the road manageable.
Temperatures are forecast to warm into the mid 40s tomorrow, so there will be a bit of melting. Please plan your footwear accordingly, also keeping in mind that things good be a bit slippery if you need to go for a long recovery.
We don’t know how high the ceiling will ultimately be tomorrow. Since there will be clouds, and we may even start off with fog, please keep your flight plans flexible.
Since it is winter and there is a rain threat increasing as we move later into the afternoon, we could wrap up a bit earlier than the usual 4 pm. If you have something to fly, arriving no later than midday would be smart. The launch will kick off at the usual 9 am.
We are only willing to be out flying in the winter if we can do so safely. We appreciate your continued cooperation in keeping things so.
One last note. If you are coming out to attempt a high power certification tomorrow, please remember to bring your NAR High Power Certification application form and a current NAR membership card. Without these we won’t be able to help you.
Weather for tomorrow is a light south to southwest breeze and mostly cloudy skies. Temperatures starting in the mid 30s at 9 am and peaking into the mid 40s. It should be a nice day for some mid winter flying. We hope to see you there! 🙂
Our next launch is scheduled for this coming Saturday, February 10, 2018. The range will be open to low, mid, and high power fliers.
Fingers crossed for favorable weather. Be sure to check back Friday evening for a final GO/NO-GO announcement for this launch.
Important notes for tomorrow’s (1/20) launch at the farm:
1. At last report there is still as much as a few inches of diminishing snow cover on the field. As a result, there will be no parking on the field. Please park along the road in a manner to not block any traffic which needs to get by. We’ll be adjusting the pads in a little closer to keep the trek out to the pads manageable.
2. Since there is still snow on the ground, please plan your footwear accordingly. We are only able to take this opportunity to fly tomorrow if everyone is able to do so in a reasonable and safe fashion. Likewise, plan your flights accordingly as long recoveries will be a bit more challenging to get to tomorrow.
3. Depending on turn out and conditions, it is conceivable that we could wrap up earlier than the usual 4 pm. If you do have something you want to fly, you are encouraged to come out by midday to ensure you don’t miss out.
4. If you have an extra snow shovel, toss it in your car. This way if we need to clear any paths or areas we’ll have a little extra manpower.
Its been a challenging winter so far, but we hope to take good advantage of the milder and dry weather tomorrow to finally get some flight time in. The conditions may be less than optimal, but it may be the best we get for awhile given the way this winter has been unfolding.
We are GO for launch tomorrow. The launch kicks off at 9 am. We hope to see you there! We do appreciate your cooperation and understanding in making the most of these winter flying conditions.