May is a peak business time at the farm. As such, we will not be holding a launch at the farm in May.
The greenhouses are overflowing with flowers and other plantings which would look great in your garden. Please consider dropping by in May to do a little shopping. Its a great way to give back a little for all the farm provides us. We’ll be back to flying in June!
We are conditionally GO for tomorrow’s 4/13 launch! We have pushed back tomorrow’s start time to 11 AM to avoid as much of any lingering dampness from overnight showers as possible.
As the farm has now opened for business for the season, it is important that we avoid parking on the road for our launches. Our hope is that by 11 AM tomorrow things will have dried out sufficiently for us to park on the field. If for some reason that doesn’t happen there is a risk of having to announce a late scrub. We appreciate your understanding.
Also, with the farm now open for the season, please consider patronizing our wonderful hosts at the farm. Spring and Easter flowers are available at the greenhouses further down the access road. Thanks!
Our next launch is scheduled for Saturday April 13, 2019, starting at 9 am. We’ll have to keep an eye on weather and field conditions, so be sure to check back for a final GO/NO-GO announcement on Friday evening. Fingers crossed for some fun Spring flying! ??
We are GO for our Saturday March 9th launch. We will kick of at the usual 9 am. How late we run will be determined by ground conditions and turn out. Come early if you want to be guaranteed a chance to fly.
Important: The field is snow covered with at least a few inches of snow. Wear boots! There will be absolutely no parking on the field. We got the OK to fly but need to be safe. Please park along the access road in a manner which will not block the flow of traffic into or out of the farm. Pull as far to the side as you can, but be careful not to get stuck in any of the snow. If your vehicle can not fit in a fashion which won’t block traffic, you will need to quickly unload and then park down by the greenhouses and walk back. Your cooperation is crucial and appreciated.
Our next launch is scheduled for Saturday March 9, 2019, weather permitting The launch kicks off at 9 am and runs as late as 4 pm, or when everyone is done flying. The range will be open to low, mid, and high power fliers with our high power waiver in effect.
As we’ve been seeing of late, the weather can be quite changeable. Be sure to check back the evening before the launch for a final GO/NO-GO based on the latest weather outlook and field conditions.
March is the race to the finish line for our TARC teams. We look forward to working with you all throughout this month and leading up to your qualifying flights. If weather scrubs our March 9th launch we have set a rain date of Saturday March 16th.
Due to high winds forecast for tomorrow we are postponing our February 9th launch. Stay tuned for a new launch date soon.
Conditions permitting, our next launch is scheduled for Saturday February 9, 2019. The range will be open to low, mid, and high power fliers with our high power waiver in effect. The fun kicks off at 9 am and runs as late as 4 pm. Since winter temperatures are a bit more challenging, we may wrap up earlier if everyone present is done flying. We recommend arriving in the morning or by midday if you have anything large to fly.
Check back the evening before the launch for a final GO/NO-GO announcement based on the latest weather outlook. If a delayed start to our launch is warranted due to anticipated early morning field conditions, it will be announced at this time also.
Our next launch is scheduled for Saturday February 9, 2019. Deep into winter now its hard to forecast just how weather conditions will be on launch day. Be sure to check back the evening before launch day for latest GO/NO-GO update based on the latest weather outlook. February launches have been challenging for us most years, so our fingers remain crossed that we will be able to get one in this year.
Happy New Year to all! We are excited to kick off a new year of flying with our first launch of 2019 scheduled for Saturday January 12, 2019. As always, our launches are weather dependent so be sure to check back for launch updates, and a final GO/NO-GO for this launch date the day before.
Flying at the farm can be a bit more challenging in the winter depending on how Mother Nature treats us. One common condition will be the potential for early morning frost on the field. In cases where this looks to be a likely condition we may opt to adjust our launch start time a bit later (an hour or so) than the typical 9 am start. This would provide an opportunity in some cases for the field to defrost a bit before we venture onto the sod. We’ll post final start time specifics for each winter launch date along with the final GO/NO-GO announcement for each launch, so be sure to check for these updates.
The club treasurer has been working hard and among other things has secured a PayPal account for the club. Watch the site for updates very soon with ways you can conveniently renew your club membership electronically using PayPal.